Can someone please pinch me! Big news out of the Brooklyn Pattern Company. This fall I'll be teaching along this superstar cast of teachers at Camp Workroom Social! To say I'm excited would be an understatement.
For four fun-filled days, sewing students from all over will come together in a gorgeous setting to learn, sew, share, laugh and mostly have barrels of fun.
Located at Frost Valley YMCA in the Catskill Mountains. You will be transported back to your youth summer camp with s'mores, zip-lining and bonfires. But this time your bangs are cool and you don't have to ask your brother to buy beer.
I'll be teaching an intensive weekend workshop about sewing for kids. A class just for people interested in sewing little clothes for little people. In this class I'll walk campers step-by-step through the construction of a Brooklyn Pattern Co. original children's dress and a unisex pant, perfect for both boys and girls. After campers learn how to sew clothes for kids, I'll teach some basic techniques for creating custom-made patterns for your children, so you won't be limited to commercially-printed patterns alone!
- Advanced beginner students who know how to thread and operate a sewing machine and sew straight lines.
- This class is perfect for campers who love to sew but have little to no experience sewing clothing. This class is also good for campers who are interested in learning specific techniques that they can use to create children's wear.
- Dress pattern from Brooklyn Pattern Co. (6 months to 8 years old)
- Unisex children's pant pattern.
- Pattern paper.
What to expect
- Expert instruction in apparel sewing using techniques that will produce results that look store-bought, not homemade.
- Learn how to read and use commercially-printed sewing patterns.
- Basic instruction in how to draft children's sewing patterns using custom measurements.
Not convinced yet? Check out these pictures, look out your window, and then look at the pictures again. We will take you to your happy place.
I seriously can't wait. I've never been this excited for camp. Ever!